What we're about

CrossFit Chula Vista Endurance is an adjunct to CrossFit for those who want to compete in endurance events from 5K to Adventure races. We believe strength, power, anaerobic conditioning, and proper mechanics lead to endurance success, not 'long slow distance'. There is method to our madness and we'll let you read our method both here and at CrossFitEndurance.com.

Welcome.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tuesday night recap.


Great effort tonight everyone! I know you all totally hate me after what I have put you through the past few days. The best part of tonight was walking in the door and seeing Theresa.

"Hi Theresa! How are you?" and midway through my greeting Theresa held her finger up to shush me and said " Uh.....NO....uh uh." Ha! I had to laugh. She was mad as hell at me for the calf pain she had. But was still there for CFE!! So she can't hate me too much!!!

Tonight we did a grueling WOD of
6 x 400m with 25 ball slams in between the intervals.

I decided I am going to name the WOD "Robin" after our very own Robin Rico who rocked the form tonight. I took a random running picture of her on round 5 and DIED when I saw the image that came back. Great form! And her form on the ball slams was ideal. Proud of you Robin.

Let me know if you are interested in the 10:30 am rowing clinic. We have some spots available. Danielle and Ralph I have you signed up for the 830am. You will not be disappointed. Matt is an amazing coach and now has me obsessed with the ERG.

Here are a few Saturday WODS that I have on the horizon for you all:

1.Barefoot beach WOD in Coronado
2. Otay Truck Trail
3. Cuyamaca ( running at some elevation)
4. Torrey Pines Hill Repeats

Some of you mentioned you might want to run the Rock n Roll half marathon in June. Time to start giving that some serious thought and perhaps register soon. Also in racing news. The Carlsbad 5000 is coming up April 3rd. This is a fast course and is a total "PR" maker. It is such a rad experience that I HIGHLY recommend it to all of you to register. All of you are more than capable of doing it. It sells out really fast so do it soon. I am thinking I might do the 25K. Which means I get to do the same route 5 times. All five race starts. So I could actually start the race with all of you depending on what heat you are put in.
here is some more info:

http://carlsbad.competitor.com/event-information/all-day-25k/

Thanks for all the hard work tonight everyone. See you Saturday morning at Southwestern College's Crappy Track!! Starbucks Afterwards!!

~ Coach Aubyn

No comments:

Post a Comment